Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's day celebrations in Dallas

What an amazing way to celebrate my 10th Mother's Day! Watching my own story on the big screen! Whew, I'm glad I already have the evening gown I'll need for the premiere. I bought it for the day my husband and I renewed our vows to celebrate our new commitments to each other as parents. My only complaint about the movie trailer is that there's too much focus on me. Really it's an ensemble cast, as it was in real life.

Real change, big change, is built upon relationships and the belief that together we can do things none of us could do alone. I've found that this applies in spades to mothers -- and fathers.


So the main ingredient to celebrate Mother's Day is, of course, a mother, but from there, where you go is up to you.

Is your mother the sort who wants to wander through iris fields? Determine her own omelette destiny at a Mother's Day brunch? Take a carriage ride?

We suggest you ask her what she wants assuming you haven't already because there are lots of things to do in Salem and beyond this weekend.

DALLAS — No stranger to "best" lists, The Grape on Greenville Avenue in Dallas made a national list of Top 10 Mother's Day Brunch Spots compiled by Gayot for MSN.com.

The Grape is first on the list, followed by nine other notables around the country such as A Voce Columbus in New York, Bluehour in Portland, Ore., Zuni Cafe in San Francisco, and Michael's in Santa Monica.

Of The Grape, the writeup says: "totally unpretentious and casual, this European-style bistro is the kind of place we'd all like to have in our neighborhood," and acknowledges the restaurant's Texan roots "with dishes like the jalapeno-cheese biscuit with fried chicken and cheddar.

ANGELINA COUNTY,
He came home from war, giving Angela Russell the Mother's Day gift of a lifetime.

"He ran into the house as I was running to the door," Russell said. "We met each other at the door and he grabbed me up and I was very excited."

After 10 months in Afghanistan and a year away from home, Gage Richey is reunited with his mom.

"It was probably the greatest feeling in the world coming off the plane, back in the states after being over there," Richey said.

The U.S. Army private first class joined the army two years ago, just months after graduating from Central High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment