Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Monday, May 23, 2011

State Lottery Wisconsin

Green Bay man stepped forward to claim his one-million dollar prize.

Bruce Glinski, a machinist, is the first person from Wisconsin to win the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game.

Lottery officials presented Glinski with a check at the Shell station on Huron Road in Green Bay.

Glinski says he wasn't feeling that lucky since he bought the ticket on Friday the 13th.

"I was actually coming in on Sunday to get my coffee like I usually do and stopped and I checked my ticket and see the lottery office and after that the rest is history."

Glinski correctly picked all five regular winning numbers in last Friday's Mega Millions drawing. Because he also bought the multiplier feature, his $250,000 prize became a million-dollar prize.

The first thing he did? He called his wife.

"I called her on the phone and said, because she had heard that somebody had won the million dollars from the store, and I called her and said, well, it was us who won it, and she didn't believe me. It took me about an hour to convince her."

After taxes, his cash prize is closer to $662,000.

About his only splurge was to buy a new lawnmower.

"I needed a new lawn mower, so I did go out and buy me a lawn mower."

Glinski says most of the money will go into his family's savings for retirement, and he has no intentions of retiring from his job yet.

Also
Ann Glinski told her husband Saturday a winning ticket was purchased at the Shell station he frequents. When Bruce Glinski went in Sunday for a cup of coffee and to turn in his ticket, the machine told him to see the lottery office.

"I'd say, 'Would you stop wasting your money on these lottery tickets? You're never going to win!' And I'm eating my words," wife Ann Glinski said.

Glinski has three children; Phillip is 27, Sean is 20 and Tricia is 16.

The May 13 winning Mega Millions numbers were 3, 33, 39, 47 and 53, with a Mega Ball of 9. An automated Quick Pick selected the winning numbers.

Glinski found out he won the money just before going to work Sunday. He worked a few hours before leaving early. He couldn't keep his mind off the million. He works 12-hour shifts three days a week and also took off Monday and Tuesday. He plans to return to work Sunday.

"I want to just get back to my normal routine again and live my life," he said.

Glinski was raised in the Humboldt area and said he won't spend the money on frivolous trips or trendy gadgets. He plans to save the money for retirement and buy the three-bedroom ranch-style home in Humboldt he's been living in for more than 15 years.

Glinski practically plays the lottery daily and even won $1 from a Badger 5 game on Wednesday morning. He looks forward to winning more jackpots.

"You've got to have a ticket to win," he said.

Glinski is the first $1 million Mega Millions winner in Wisconsin. The Badger State began offering the game in January 2010.

The Shell station earned a $20,000 commission from the Wisconsin Lottery for selling the winning ticket.

Mary Besaw sold the winning ticket. She said she doesn't play the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment